martes, 4 de septiembre de 2018

Blog #2: My country, my city and my neighborhood


Colombia, one of the most beautiful countries in the planet Earth. Colombia is located on South America on the northwestern tip. The geography of Colombia have 6 main natural regions with unique characteristics, from the Andes mountain range to the insular area that is made of islands in the Atlantic and in the Pacific oceans.The climate in Colombia have many variations on the 6 natural regions. Colombia’s flag is a horizontal tricolour of yellow , blue and red. Many people from other countries usually judge Colombia for some bad things like drugs, Pablo Escobar, and drug trafficking. I believe it is not fair for us that when people think about Colombia they usually think about this problems. I say that it’s not fair because Colombia have many beautiful things. Colombia is the second country with more biodiversity. Colombia have a hybrid and diverse culture,each región in Colombia have their own traits, customs, habits and traditions.Another beautiful thing about Colombia is that there are many places to visit, from museums like the Museo del Oro in Bogota or the Museo Naval del Caribe in Cartagena to parks like Parque Ciudad Montes in Bogota or Parque de la independencia also in Bogota.

Barranquilla, my city, my home. Barranquilla is located in the Atlantico Department and is the capital of this department. Barranquilla is Colombia’s fourth most populous city. Barranquilla have a very damp climate in which it seems like it is summer every day. Barranquilla’s soccer team is called Junior de Barranquilla. In Barranquilla there are many places to visit like Buenavista, which is a mall where you can go to hang out with friends or with your family. On Barranquilla there is a cultural activity which is known as Carnaval de Barranquilla. There are orher events on Barranquilla like the Barranquijazz or the Festival de Orquestas. On Barranquilla there are many schools such as the Lyndon B Johnson which is making students make this essay, the Marymount and the british school among others. Some universities in Barranquilla are Universidad del Norte , Universidad Autonoma del Caribe , Universidad del Atlantico among others. On Barranquilla the most popular sport is soccer but there are other sports that are played on this beautiful city such as basketball, volleyball, and tennis. Barranquilla have beautiful parks like Parque Electrificadora , Parque Washington and Parque Sagrado Corazon. Barranquilla is the home of colombia’s soccer team "Seleccion de futbol de Colombia".

My neighborhood is on a very wonderful location for me. I say is a wonderful location because I have everything I like nearby. On my neighborhood I have a mall called Viva in which i like to go with my friends or with my family to have fun. Another place I like in my neighborhood is Guarapo in which I like to go with my friends to study, talk and eat a sándwich with a juice. I have family and friends that live in my neighborhood so I like to visit them and have fun. On my neighborhood there is a church. Something I like about my neighborhood is that I have many restaurants near my house in which I like to go and eat. Some restaurants i like are Chuzo de la 85, Punto Multiple del Sabor, and Domino’s Pizza. My neighborhood is a very peaceful place, there are no big discussions and people is very kind. The streets on my neighborhood are clean, sometimes there is some trash but when I see trash I try to pick it up and look for a trash can. In my neighborhood there are markets and I like it because I can buy what I need without going too far.       

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario